Simsbury Friends For Music and Performing Arts
WHO WE ARE:
Friends is a non-profit volunteer organization dedicated to enriching the lives of students by funding opportunities that go beyond the Board of Education's budget. We believe the arts play an important role in Simsbury schools, and most importantly in the growth, development and character of children.
WHAT WE FUND:
Our talented teachers seek enrichment opportunities for students and request funding from Friends. This past year, our $30,000 budget enabled us to support:
- The Town-wide Choral Festival featuring Guest Artist and clinician Elizabeth Nunez (funded entirely by Friends)
- Transportation costs for students and ensembles to attend adjudications and CMEA Festivals
- Music Excellence Awards in all 5 elementary schools, HJMS and SHS
- The Town-wide Elementary Chorus (funded entirely by Friends)
- Guest artists for Master Classes in elementary schools, HJMS and SHS
- Lighting costs for the SHS Theatre Department
- Recording fees for choral performances
These things would not exist without your generosity. Thank you, donors!
Friends For Music would love to hear your ideas as we grow and enhance our reach in Simsbury Schools. Please join us for our monthly meetings, held in the SHS Library/Media Center at 7:00 p.m.
Monday, September 11
Monday, October 16
Monday, November 13
Monday, December 4
Monday, January 8
Monday, February 12
Monday, March 5
Monday, April 2
Monday, May 7
Monday, June 4
Making a purchase on Amazon? Go to smile.amazon.com to order and choose Simsbury Friends For Music and Performing Arts from the drop down box. When you shop on AmazonSmile, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price of eligible products to Friends. Thanks!
To contact the Simsbury Friends for Music please email firstname.lastname@example.org