Proudly Supporting Students in
the Performing Arts for 30 Years!
The Simsbury Friends for Music and Performing Arts is a non-profit organization made up of volunteers, first formed in 1987, to lend additional financial support to the music and performing arts programs and faculty in Simsbury Public Schools. The Friends for Music and Performing Arts is committed to the concept that music and the performing arts are meaningful, necessary and valuable curriculum components of a well-rounded education. They are dedicated to actively supporting the music and arts programs at EVERY grade level. They are supporters of enrichment and enhancement opportunities that go beyond programs normally funded by the Board of Education.
SOME OF THE THINGS WE DO:
- Composer’s Workshop – A program which provides the opportunity for high school students to study the art of music composition throughout the year.
- Student Assistance Program – Provides an opportunity for students to earn monies while working in the music department at school
- Town-wide Jazz, Band, String and Chorus Festivals – Where students from all grade levels perform their arts
- Music Excellence Awards – Monetary and Honors Awards for students who excel in multiple categories
- Grants for Regional/State/National competitions – Monies to students to offset the costs associated with competition
- Town-wide Elementary Chorus – An elementary school chorus funded solely by the Friends for Music
- Transportation Costs – “Friends” helps defray the cost of transportation for competitions and other activities
- Family Folk Dance Festivals – In conjunction with the elementary school Physical Education and music departments. “Friends” sponsors this “Night for Families”
LAST YEAR THESE AND ADDITIONAL EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM EXPENSES EXCEEDED $30,000 – PROGRAMS PUT DIRECTLY INTO THE SCHOOL SYSTEM!
To contact the Simsbury Friends for Music please email firstname.lastname@example.org